Makes 8 – 10
Oven Temperature: 190ºC/375ºF
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
8oz (225g) self raising flour
1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
Ingredients 4oz (110g) margarine
Ingredients 2oz (55g) demerara sugar + extra for sprinkling
Ingredients 4oz (110g) mixed dried fruit
Ingredients 1 tsp egg replacer (optional)
Ingredients 3 tbsp soya milk
1) Put/sieve flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl.
2) Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar and fruit.
3) Add milk and egg replacer, and form a rough dough.
4) Heap into rough mounds on a greased baking tray and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
5)Cook for about 15 minutes at 190ºC/375ºF until cooked.
6) Cool on a wire wrack, and enjoy with a nice cup of tea