Makes: an 8″ cake or 12 medium sized muffins
Oven Temperature: 180ºC
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
225g (8 oz) self raising flour (half wholemeal is good)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
110g (4 oz) light muscovado or caster sugar
75g (3 oz) grated carrot
75ml (3 fl oz) vegetable oil
200 ml (7 fl oz) soya milk
1) Put flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and grated carrot into a mixing bowl.
2) Add the oil and soya milk and stir until combined.
3) Pour into lined/greased cake tin or muffin tray.
4) Cook at 180ºC for about 30 minutes until the cake is lightly browned and cooked through.
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
50g (2 oz) vegan cream cheese
50g (2 oz) vegan margarine
300g (12 oz) icing sugar
1. Blend the cream cheese and margarine in a bowl until smooth.
2. Sieve the icing sugar and beat it into the cream cheese and margarine a little at a time.