Makes 12 slices
300g (12 oz) digestive biscuits
50g (2 oz) dried fruit or nuts or vegan marshmallows(optional)
100g (4 oz) margarine
1 rounded tablespoon of golden syrup or maple syrup
100g (4 oz) plain chocolate
1) First, grease your baking tray.
2) Weigh out 300g (12 oz) of biscuits. Put the digestive biscuits into the plastic bag and tie a knot in the top. Bash the biscuits gently with the rolling pin until you have crumbs.
3) Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl, and add the fruit and nuts or marshmallows, if you are using those.
4) Break the chocolate into squares, and put it into small bowl with the margarine and syrup. Melt them together by putting the bowl into a larger bowl half full of boiling water.
5) Pour the melted margarine and chocolate over the biscuit crumbs and stir with a wooden spoon until all the crumbs are chocolatey.
6) Tip the chocolate biscuit mixture into the greased cake tin. Spread it out evenly and press it down all over with a metal spoon.
7) Put your chocolate biscuit cake in the fridge for at least an hour. Cut it into about 12 slices.