Makes: 12 muffins
Oven Temperature: 180ºC
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
275g (10oz) self raising flour
175g (6oz) soft brown sugar
25g (1oz) ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
100ml (4 fl oz) vegetable oil
200ml (8 fl oz) soya milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tin of peach slices or fresh peaches, chopped into chunks
Flaked almonds to decorate
About 2 tbsp apricot jam to glaze
1) Sift flour, baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2) Stir in the sugar and almonds.
3) Whisk the vegetable oil, soya milk and vanilla in a jug and quickly stir it into the flour mixture.
4) Quickly stir in the chopped peaches. It’s fine if there are a few lumps of flour.
5) Divide the mixture between non-stick muffin tins or muffin cases and sprinkle flaked almonds on top of each one.
6) Bake at 200ºC/400ºF for 20-30 minutes or until risen and cooked through.
7) Heat the apricot jam in a pan or in a microwave until runny. Using a pastry brush, glaze the tops of the muffins with the jam.