Makes: 4 Servings
You can do so many different types of fruit salad, but here is one example.
1 small melon
2 or 3 small fruits e.g. apple, pear, nectarine, banana
1 ripe mango
1/2 a fresh pineapple, chopped, or 1 tin of pineapple pieces in natural juice
1 orange, peeled and chopped, or 1 tin of mandarin orange segments in juice (optional)
1) Put pineapple and orange segments into a large bowl, and cover with juice.
2) Cut melon in half and scoop out seeds. Cut into wedges then cut off the skin and chop into pieces. Add to bowl.
3) Cut up apples (or other fruit), add to bowl immediately and stir.
4) Cut mango into pieces. (A good way of cutting mangoes up is to cut the two fleshy bits from either side of the large, flat stone, and then to make vertical and horizontal cuts right through the fruit (but not the skin) about 2cm apart. Then you just turn the skin inside out (to make a kind of ‘hedgehog!) and pull the mango cubes off. Add them to the rest of the fruit.)
5) Pour enough orange juice over the top to cover and put it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat it!