Makes: about 6
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
If you use peach or nectarine slices, you can lay the slices onto the batter just after you ladle it into the pan.
225g (8 oz) self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
25g (1 oz) caster sugar
1 heaped tablespoon of soya flour
275ml soya milk
1/2 cap vanilla essence
Half a punnet of blueberries
1) Put all dry in a bowl and stir them together.
2) Pour in milk and vanilla essence until you have quite a thick batter. Stir in the blueberries.
3) Drop small ladlefuls into a fairly hot lightly oiled frying pan.
4) Wait until bubbles appear all over the surface of the pancakes, then flip them over and cook on the other side until browned.
5) Keep going until all the batter is gone. Keep the cooked pancakes warm under a clean tea towel.
6) Stack the pancakes on small plates, and pour over lots of maple syrup.