Makes about 14
Oven Temperature 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4
Cooking Time 10 to 15 minutes
100g vegan margarine
100g caster sugar, or soft brown sugar
125g plain flour
1 level teaspoon of baking powder
100g vegan chocolate chips (or finely chopped chocolate)
1 tablespoon of soya milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1) Beat the margarine with a wooden spoon, then when it is soft, blend in the sugar.
2) Stir in the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
3) Finally, stir in the soya milk and vanilla essence.
4) Dollop dessertspoonfuls of mixture onto a non stick baking sheet (I use silicone/non stick baking parchment) and put them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Keep a close eye on them, as biscuits burn quickly!
5) When they come out of the oven, they will still be quite soft and crumbly, so leave them to cool and harden for a while on the baking sheet.