Serves: 2 (or 4 for smaller portions)
One block of tofu, smoked, plain, or marinated with garlic, ginger and soya sauce for a few hours or overnight.
1 portions of noodle
1/2 small head of broccoli
150g Fresh or frozen edamame beans
100g red cabbage
Sesame seeds for sprinkling on top
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
1 teaspoon miso
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
2 tablespoons soya sauce
1 teaspoon cider vinegar or rice vinegar
50ml vegetable oil
Up to 1 tablespoon of water, to taste
1) Fry the tofu in a little vegetable oil until crispy, turning to brown all sides.
2) Steam the broccoli, edamame beans and kale for about 6 minutes.
3) Grate the carrot and finely slice the red cabbage.
4) Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl until combined. If you have very salty soya sauce, you might want to add a tablespoon of water.
3) Arrange everything in a bowl and serve with the dressing drizzled on top, or toss it all up together.
4) Serve with a scattering of sesame seeds.