Makes about 10
About 6 minutes per batch.
1 medium onion
1 medium potato
2 tsp medium curry powder
Handful of frozen peas
1/2 tsp salt
1) Chop onion and finely dice potato and carrot.
2) Boil potato cubes in water for about 3 minutes, then drain.
3) Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add curry powder, onion, carrot, and drained potato cubes.
4) Stir in peas and salt and leave to cool slightly.
5) Right – now peel off one of the samosa wrappers and lay it onto a chopping board.
5) Fold the bottom left corner (2) to point b – about 2/3 of the way across the top edge.
6) Fold the left hand end over, so that point a meets point d along the bottom edge. Now you have a pocket that you can fill with about 2 tsp of filling.
7) Tuck in the little tiny flap (corner 1) and fold the top right hand corner (corner 3) over and seal with a little water or flour and water paste. Now tuck in the last flap (corner 4!) and seal. Now you can make the rest!
8) When the oil is hot (test it with a minute bit of pastry and see if it sizzles) fry the samosas for about 6 minutes until golden brown on the outside. Leave to drain on kitchen paper.