Oven Temperature 220ºC/435ºF/Gas 7
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
This weirdly good recipe is recreated and veganised from one that the mum of someone who knew my sister once found in a magazine in the 1980s!
1 bag of vegan quorn pieces
1 tin of sweetcorn – drained
25g (1 oz) margarine
275ml (half a pint) of soya milk
Salt and pepper
100g vegan cheese
1 tsp curry powder
Crushed bag of ready salted crisps
1) Put the quorn pieces in an ovenproof dish with the sweetcorn and curry powder.
2) Melt margarine over low heat and stir in the flour. Let the flour cook (but not brown) gently for one or two minutes.
3) Add soya milk a little bit at a time. Whisk vigorously each time so that the soya milk doesn’t curdle.
4) Return to the heat, and stir until the sauce has thickened. Season.
5) Pour the sauce over the quorn and sweetcorn. Blend the sauce in, sprinkle crisps on top and cook for about 25 minutes at 220ºC/435ºF