Anything goes with a Buddha bowl, but here is an idea of the kind of things you could include.
Ingredients – dressing
60ml (4 tablespoons) olive oil
60ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1 large clove of garlic, crushed fine
2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon tahini (optional)
12 falafel (heated in the oven or cold)
1 can chickpeas, drained
16 cherry tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
4 tablespoons of olives
4 small handfuls of salad leaves (spinach/rocket/lettuce)
4 tablespoons of sprouted seeds
4 heaped tablespoons of hummus
Mixed seeds to scatter on top (optional)
1) Cook the couscous. (Cover with boiling water and a teaspoon of olive oil, and allow the couscous to absorb the water.)
2) Whisk the dressing ingredients in bowl until creamy.
3) Divide the salad ingredients between 4 plates.
4) Just before serving, peel and slice the avocado and add to the salads with a serving of couscous.
5) Drizzle the dressing over the top.
(For a lower fat version, half the recipe for dressing and use it to dress the chickpeas. Use reduced fat hummus or reduce the amount.)