Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6 or barbeque
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 small butternut squash
2 red onions
2 red peppers
Vegetable oil (or light olive oil)
2 cloves of garlic
a sprig of rosemary
1) If your skewers/kebab sticks are wooden, leave them to soak in water.
2) Cut the butternut squash into chunks, removing the skin. Boil or microwave with a bit of water for 9 or 10 minutes until just tender. Cool.
3) Cut the peppers into chunks and slice the onion into eigths (cut into quarters and cut each quarter in half).
4) Arrange all the vegetables on the skewers and put them in a roasting tray.
5) Finely chop the garlic and rosemary and sprinkle over the kebabs. Sprinkle oil on top and turn the kebabs so that they are coated in oil, rosemary and garlic.
6) Cook at about 200ºC/400ºF for about 30 minutes, or barbeque.