Cooking Time: 25 minutes
25g (1 oz) vegan margarine
1 onion, finely chopped
320g (11 oz) arborio rice
1 glass of dry white wine
1 litre (about 1 3/4 pints) vegetable stock (use 2 stock cubes)
1 small tray asparagus tips
1 cup of frozen petit pois
40g vegan parmesan
Salt and pepper
A couple of sprigs of thyme
1) Melt margarine in a large saucepan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
2) Add rice, stir until coated then pour in the wine.
3) Cook for 15 minutes, adding stock every few minutes when the risotto becomes dry and starts to stick.
4) Add the asparagus, peas and chopped thyme, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5) Check seasoning and garnish with a sprig of thyme.